Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Simple Suggestion #132... Take a hike







In case you're wondering, this suggestion has appeared because we've been away for the last few days... went to Radium Hotsprings, B.C., and got in a couple of absolutely lovely hikes. There's nothing like a good walk in the wilderness, mountainous or not. In fact, some of my favourite hiking has been here in Edmonton in our own river valley. I'm not one for strenuous hikes these days (I decided not to go on the Kimpton Creek hike below because of my dizzy head). Lee took those pictures, while I managed to take the ones above (including that cool shelf fungus) on the hike to Cobb Lake. Both days were warm, but no one overheated in the shady forests.





Hiking is another simple pleasure that I'd like to indulge in more than I do. Most North Americans live in cities and don't get enough of nature's sights, sounds and scents to keep us healthy, body, mind and soul. So, this week's mission: no matter where you live, see if you can't take a wonderful, de-stressing hike/walk to a natural spot... leaving only footprints and taking only memories.

P.S. Looking for more Simple Suggestions? Try here.

1 comment:

Laeli said...

There is nothing like a forest on a hot summer day.

I've just come back from a lovely walk around a drainage lake in my neighbourhood. Saw lots of wildlife and I feel better for it.