Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Simple Suggestion #180... Press some autumn leaves

When's the last time you collected autumn leaves and pressed them in the pages of a thick book?

My youngest daughter has been away in la belle province for the past two weeks for a busy and wonderful French immersion experience in the lovely city of Jonquiere. While there, she and her roommate raked leaves for their host mom every day, and during her last phone call to me, she said, "Mom, I'm bringing you 113 -- no, wait -- 135 pressed leaves as your present!"

There's nothing like the colours of autumn in my books. I'm not sure what I'll do with 135 of them, but aren't my leaves pretty? Maybe I'll make a collage and hang it on the art wall in our dining area. No one designs leaves better than God...

P.S. Looking for more Simple Suggestions? Click here.

No comments: